The official, unofficial last day of summer is closing in on us, but summer’s not over yet. Take advantage of the warm weather and long days with one of these al fresco-inspired workouts.
1. Playgrounds aren’t just for kids. WIth this ultimate playground workout, you can channel your inner kid and break a sweat at the same time.
2. Reclaim recess with a high bar, swing and park bench. These four outdoor upper body moves will sculpt your arms, chest and back before the first leaf falls.
3. What’s one of the many beautiful things about push-ups? You can do them anywhere there’s a floor. Check out these pushup workouts for every fitness level.
4. Why just walk when you can make it a 30-minute HIIT walk?
5. Giving a whole, new meaning to high-low, this 5-move, low impact, high intensity workout offers body-shaping rewards and requires zero equipment.
6. These six track and trail workouts will improve speed, rev your metabolism and tone muscles. Happy trails.
7. Need a break from dry land? Hit the pool with this 30-minute swimming workout that burns major calories.
8. These 3 walking workouts will help you build a base level of fitness and burn fat wherever you are.
Want to make a bigger commitment to your training? Start one of these training plans before the leaves start to turn.
9. New to walking? This 4-week walking plan for beginners will change that.
10. Want to nail the perfect squat and strengthen your hips, thighs, core and butt along the way? Try the 4-week squat plan and reap some real-life results.
11. Even if you’ve never run before, you can complete a 3.1-mile (5K) or even a 6.2-mile (10K) race. Get smart about preparing to go the distance with these 5K & 10K training plans for beginners.