You know you’re a runner when … you start planning your life around your runs, among other things. After all, when you run for hours, you have to maintain a sense of humor. You need to laugh through the pain to get you through all those miles done in heat, cold, darkness, wind, rain — you get the picture.
To get you in the mood, check out these 17 tweets that describe what the life of a runner is really like.
1. When the markers are in kilometers instead of miles
2. Deep thoughts
3. Weather dictates your training plan
4. Every race is a marathon
5. Runners who always talk about running
6. Keep going, no matter the elements
7. But at least he got in 6 miles
8. Getting older comes with benefits
9. Spandex rules your wardrobe
10. As long as your legs still move, you can still run
11. The course is your runway
12. Coincidence? Absolutely not.
13. Burn it off later
14. We run to eat
15. At least she’s honest
16. Shhhh, don’t tell your body what you’ve got planned
17. Calories, schmalories