Running can be super hard, but it can also be lots of fun. For those days when you need to laugh at your struggles, these 15 running memes should do the trick.
1. A lot of races have awesome post-run parties with plenty of tasty treats — so long as you get to the finish before the other runners.
2. Sometimes, with the right gear, a winter run is totally doable. However, when conditions turn extreme, hitting the treadmill or opting for cross-training instead is probably a better decision. Follow this advice to determine when it’s too cold to run outdoors.
3. Hitting the wall in your first marathon is something most runners have to deal with. But how you handle the dreaded bonk is what makes or breaks your race.
4. Ever try to explain to a non-runner why you enjoy it so much? Some people will never understand.
5. Is there anything better than dreaming about a beach run during the middle of winter? I think not.
6. Escaping the hustle and bustle of the city and getting in tune with nature are a few of the advantages of trail running. Getting used to dealing with the wilderness on secluded trails is, well, a different story.
7. Sometimes even good running advice can be ignored every once in a while. For those days when you’re feeling especially terrific, go ahead and get crazy and do those two hard workouts back to back. It just might work for you.
8. Whether it’s a road race or a marathon, the first mile can be a little wild. If you’re one of the smart ones who resist the urge to sprint when the gun goes off, you know this feeling.
9. There’s no better way to mix up your training runs and get faster in the process than including intervals in your weekly workouts. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
10. For beginners looking to increase their mileage or first-time marathoners seeking a safe finishing strategy, walking isn’t necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it might just have you smiling more than you think.
11. Yes, there is some truth to the no pain, no gain thing when you start running. However, running through an injury just isn’t smart. Knowing the difference and listening to your body is always the smart way to go — no matter what advice others might give you.
12. Whether you’re a runner trying to lose weight or looking to take your running to the next level, nutrition plays a big role. Once you make the leap and start taking what you eat (and don’t eat) seriously, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how it makes you feel.
13. If you’re not a morning person, is there anything worse than hearing your alarm go off when you’re nice and cozy beneath the blankets? Um, not really.
14. Old shoes that have lost their bounce can be a real drag. New running shoes, on the other hand, can make you feel pretty good out on the road — especially if you find that oh-so-perfect pair.
15. Getting a friend into running is something to be proud of. Encouraging them to sign up for their first 5K and running it with them is even better.
READ MORE > 15 MEMES CYCLISTS WILL FIND HILARIOUS