When people refer to something you can just pick up after not doing it for awhile as “just like riding a bike,” they clearly don’t take the sport as seriously as we do. Riding a bike well takes proper training, tons of dedication and loads of perseverance.
Here, our 10 most-read cycling stories of the year, plus a bonus editor’s pick — taking it to 11. Cheers to a fit and happy 2020!
1. Cycling After 40: A Beginner’s Guide
These basic tips pretty much apply regardless of age; however, with age usually comes more wisdom, which means considering these factors just makes good sense.
2. 7 Exercises For Cyclists to Build Even Stronger Quads
The stronger your quads, the more power in your pedal stroke. These on- and off-bike exercises can help.
3. 5 Enemies Cyclists Face and How to Defeat Them
From the howling wind to glass in the bike lane (and cars, obviously), cycling isn’t without its obstacles.
4. Rules of the Road: Bike Lane Laws
Cycling in the city is dangerous business. Cyclists and drivers need to look out for themselves and one another, and hopefully these laws help facilitate that.
7. 6 Life Lessons Cyclists Know
When you ride at a certain level, you begin to learn a lot about yourself — how you motivate on the bike translates pretty seamlessly into how you push yourself through life.
8. How Many Rest Days Do Cyclists Need?
There’s no right number that works across the board; however, there is one wrong number …
9. 5 Things All Cyclists Should Try in 2019
Sure, 2019 is history; but you have our permission to recycle this list in 2020.
10. A Strength Workout For Cyclists Who Hate Strength Work
When in doubt, lunge. However, there are more suggestions in the article if you want them.
11. Why Proper Cycling Posture Is Critical to Performance
We’re not going to make you balance a book on your head, but using good posture on the bike could help you pick up a few free watts of power.
READ OUR MOST POPULAR STORIES OF THE YEAR